In Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, D365FO, it is possible to generate e-invoice by PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0 format (EHF Billing 3.0) for project and sales invoices and credit notes via standard GER configuration.
The generated e-invoice will be sent to your access point so that they can send it your customers via their access points. These customers are the legal person or organization whereas in Norway they need to be ELMA registered so that they can receive e-invoice. Private customers that are not ELMA registered can get e-invoices as pdf by email. Some access point for PEPPOL in Norway can convert e-invoices to pdf and send directly to the customers emails.
In practice, sender access point validates PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0/EHF Billing 3.0 documents before sending to the receiver access point. Sender access points can find errors and discrepancies and marked the e-invoice returned to sender or stop it for manual correction in order to minimize processing document control costs, optimize document flow and reduce manual labor.
EHF invoice/EHF Billing (EHF Fakturering in Norwegian) and Credit Note aligned with OpenPEPPOL. An e-invoice may contain required information that have been clarified on PEPPOL docs, for example:
- Invoice ID (<cbc:ID>)
- Invoice date (<cbc:IssueDate>)
- Invoice due date (<cbc:DueDate>)
- Invoice type code (<cbc:InvoiceTypeCode>)
- Invoice currency (<cbc:DocumentCurrencyCode>)
- Buyer reference(<cbc:BuyerReference>)
- Customer requisition (<cac:OrderReference>)
- Customer reference (<cac:ContractDocumentReference>)
- Attachment (<cac:AdditionalDocumentReference>) document embedded as binary object (Base64) with following codes:
- Company information (<cac:AccountingSupplierParty>)
- Customer information (<cac:AccountingCustomerParty>)
- Payment information (<cac:PaymentMeans>)
- Tax information (<cac:TaxTotal>)
- Invoice total amount information(<cac:LegalMonetaryTotal>)
- Invoice lines information (<cac:InvoiceLine>)
Once the e-invoice file has been generated in D365FO, it can be sent to access point SFTP. Then, it will be processed for error and discrepancies and will be sent to the customer.