This post will explain how you can generate e-Invoice file in D365FO with PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0/EHF Billing 3.0 format via electronic reporting and validate the file with VEFA validator (VEFA Validator (anskaffelser.dev)) before you send the file to your access point.
E-invoice file must include required information based on PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0/EHF Billing 3.0 specification so it can be validated on VEFA validator. In order to send an invoice (project or sales) electronically, you need to ensure that these required configuration and setup is already performed for the company, customer and invoices. Concisely, following tasks should be done before sending an invoice electronically in D365FO:
- Configure electronic reporting parameters for the company.
- Import GER config for project and sales invoice and credit notes via Microsoft repositories.
- Setup mandatory fields for e-invoice for the company.
- Setup mandatory fields for e-invoice for the customers and project contract’s funding sources.
- Fill out mandatory fields on project and sales invoice for e-invoice before invoicing.
You can add attachments to free text invoice and sales order header or project invoice proposal. These attachments will be transferred to the invoice journal and can be added to e-invoice file with embedded as binary object (Base64). In today’s D365FO version (10.0.21), if you activate “Print invoice” while posting and invoice, it will be sent electronically simultaneously. You can try to deactivate “Print invoice” to avoid this function so that you can add attachment to the invoice journal and send the invoice electronically. Following file format for attachments are verified for PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0/EHF Billing 3.0:
For example, for free text invoice and sales orders, you can navigate to Account receivable > Inquiries and reports > Invoices > Invoice journal and then click on binders/clip button to add attachment(s) to the invoice.
Note: You can add file with mentioned file type (e.g. xlsx, csv, txt, jpeg, png and docs).
Note: Set “Restriction” to ‘External’.
Once you have added the attachment(s), click on Send > Original to send the invoice electronically.
Then the “Sent electronically” field will get checked status, if the e-invoice file being generated.
You can find the generated e-invoice file on Organization administration > Electronic reporting > Electronic reporting jobs with following information:
- Task description: for e-invoice files (i.e. project and sales) it will use the fixed text ‘Send the eInvoice XML’
- Status: Status of electronics reporting ,ER, jobs once the batch job that creating the files has got a status. Once the batch jobs has been finished, ER jobs get ‘Finished’ as status.
- Created date and time: Start time for the job.
- Created by: User id for the user who have created the job.
- Files: Identification for the generated file. Type of the file (e.g. xml and zip) is related to ER config on how the file will be generated.
In order to open file, click on “Show files” and click on “Open”.
Once the file has been downloaded on your PC, you can validate the file on VEFA validator (VEFA Validator (anskaffelser.dev)) to check if the generated file is in regards with PEPPOL BIS Billing 3.0/EHF Billing 3.0. This validation tool is created and supported by DFØ (Direktoratet for Forvaltning og Økonomistying)
Then you can choose the invoice file and click on validate. You will get the following message when the invoice validated without any error or warning.
Note: You can evaluate to use your access point validation tool also.